Resources & Media Coverage
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) has been featured in several prominent news publications highlighting its success in treating depression. Among these publications are: National Geographic, Scientific American, Psychiatric Times, Harvard Health, Men’s Health, and Forbes. See below for more news stories discussing the latest applications of TMS Therapy.
- 05/04/2019 PsychCentral: Brain Stimulation Improves Memory of Older Adults
- 04/03/2019 Spokesman-Review: TMS treatment and increasing mental health dialogue
- 03/29/2019 El Paso Inc: How TMS therapy pulled me out of depression
- 03/08/2019 Psychology Today: New Inventions for Treating Depression
- 01/27/2019 Spokesman-Review: Mental-health journey a positive work in progress
- 12/12/2018 CorrectionsOne: Treating depression with TMS
- 11/26/2018 Forbes: Dealing With Holiday Depression? You Don’t Have To Suffer Alone
- 10/21/2018 Public Opinion: What to know about TMS therapy
- 10/11/2018 PR Newswire: NeuroStar Hits 2 Million Treatments During National Depression Awareness Month
- 09/19/2018 Psych Congress: TMS May Curb Withdrawal Symptoms in Meth Addicts
- 09/12/2018 US Dept. of Veterans Affairs: VA is making breakthroughs in tech-centric mental health treatments
- 08/15/2018 WCAI: The Psychology of Depression
- 07/20/2018 9&10 News: Healthy Living: Neurostar Treats Depression
- 07/08/2018 Click2Houston: Doctors using TMS to help people with depression
- 07/05/2018 Neurology Today: rTMS Improves Post-Stroke Walking Speed
- 06/19/2018 Post and Courier: Treatments exist for people struggling with suicidal thoughts
- 06/05/2018 Medical Xpress: What effect does TMS therapy have on the brain?
- 05/24/2018 Mens Health: One man talks about treating his depression with a new form of therapy
- 04/17/2018 Psychiatry Advisor: rTMS as Maintenance Therapy for Bipolar and Unipolar Depression
- 04/09/2018 Frederick News-Post: Treating depression through TMS Therapy
- 02/23/2018 Harvard Health: TMS – Hope for stubborn depression
- 01/30/2018 UNM HSC: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Treats Mild to Moderate Depression
- 01/15/2018 Psychology Today: Research looking at TMS therapy for depression and PTSD
- 01/03/2018 WTOL11: Technique used to treat depression proves effective
- 10/20/2017 Psychiatry Advisor: Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- 08/23/2017 Fox17: Non-invasive, drug-free technology helps those with depression
- 07/25/2017 Psychiatry Advisor: TMS Treats Rx-Resistant Depression In Older and Younger Adults
- 07/18/2017 Reader’s Digest: The Treatment That Finally Lifted My Depression After Everything Else Failed
- 07/05/2017 Charlotte Observer: On the radio, he brings life to the party. Off it, mental illness nearly killed him.
- 06/23/2017 CBS New York: Magnetic Therapy Can Provide Alternative Treatment For Depression
- 06/06/2017 9News: New Treatment working wonders for teens with depression
- 06/01/2017 News Medical: TMS offers hope for seniors with depression
- 05/02/2017 Cleveland Clinic: Can’t conquer depression? TMS may work when antidepressants fail
For more news articles featuring TMS, please see NeuroStar’s Press Coverage page.
TMS+YOU is an online community and national patient advocacy site for TMS Therapy. Those considering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation can connect with patients who have had the treatment to answer questions, share insights, and get the latest information.